When you come in our house it's noticeable we don't have a Christmas tree, so I've done a few touches to try to still have some fun Christmas decor to brighten up the season in our home. In our home they are hardly noticeable, so on here I'm relishing the whole ability to make the little touches look huge! The berry wreath is tiny and hangs on the top of our front door. The candle is small, but I did a few little touches with the fabric and berry branch to liven it up. The wreath I made out of decorative branches and spruced it up with some white little berry branches and hung it next to our kiddo pictures in our dining room. I love the cheer sign I won at a bunco game a couple years ago!
I couldn't get a shot of our play Nativity scene because the kids wouldn't let them just sit and look pretty, so here's a hint of our Nativity scene. :) I like it better this way anyway.
I spruced up this empty corner with some branches I'd used last month to make a weak attempt at a Gratitude Tree for Thanksgiving. I made some snowflakes out of coffee filters cut in strips and hot glue. I also used the hot glue to stick the rose I sewed together on to the mirror. This might stay all year long! The moose picture was given to us by friends who were given it by friends who didn't want it! Well, hey, it brings a little bit more winter into our home so I'll take it!
This is a close up of the rose I sewed. I can't get enough of this calico print. I think I might make a new cover for my ottoman out of it, or if I can't find the same print I'll find a similar one! Andy bought me a staple gun for Christmas! Can't wait! The tree I put at the end of the hall to spruce up the emptiness after I moved the penguin picture to our mantle. I decided it was too boring so I made it a space to also put our Christmas cards we recieve under it!
Our friends made us this ornament when we got married, and since we don't have a tree, here it hangs!
I'm happy to have a little Christmas cheer in our home. I may find a place to hang some lights somewhere, but maybe I'll do that another day, and show on another post.
So this is my simple Christmas decorations-simple but I am so content with them.
I love it all!
ReplyDelete