Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Exploring More.

I decided I'm not going to pursue professional photography. I love taking pictures of my family, and love taking them for friends, but it takes much more time and energy than I can handle to stress about getting the pictures just perfect, sort through them, and edit them without letting other more important things slide. I love to practice though. I still want to read and take classes to get better when possible, but as for seeking to be professional, that's not something I can do. I want to be a good mom, and a good homemaker, and really grow where God has planted me and explore all the outlets that are included in being a wife and stay-at-home mommy. Pursuing photography hardcore for me would stunt the rest of what I want to do, so unless things go way bad for us financially and I need to find work, I don't plan on pursuing that. I love just doing it for fun!

I have so many more interests I want to pursue right now! I wish I had found them earlier so I could make them for Christmas gifts, but maybe I can work on them through the year and have them for giving next Christmas. I want to learn to knit! And Lord providing, I want an easier sewing machine! Or patience to work with my honker. I have been finding so many things I want to sew and I have plenty of fabric to practice with-but also a little more never hurt, well, never hurt anything but my wallet!) And I want to organize my home. My life. I want a planner. My life is crazy and with kids tugging on my legs all day I want a plan so I can get at least one satisfying thing a day.

What should be first. I really want to learn what it means to do things for the Lord. How to train my mind to discern first if something is for the Lord and set aside what is not. Maybe I'm afraid I'll find that things I want to do aren't really for the Lord, but for myself, so I speed up the thinking process and do it anyway. I want to learn what it means to be led by the Holy Spirit. And how to stay led for more than 15 minutes.

So there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment