Sunday, September 26, 2010

Helped






While on a short nature walk, I looked around for a while to find something worthy of capturing a picture of. Feeling hasty not wanting to waste my time away from my family, I scrambled to find something fun to take pictures of. I was at a loss. I was surrounded by awe striking beauty, but wasn't sure which details were the right ones that could capture the essence of it all in a picture. I prayed for God to lead me to what He'd like me to take pictures of. Sounds silly, I know, but instantly some moss and a stripped pine cone shone at me off the ground. This? Ok, we'll see. I was pleasantly surprised at the picture, and was excited at how God was helping me and how I could glorify Him by being His vessel, seeing what He wanted me to see and taking the pictures He wanted me to take. At the end of the path I felt stuck again, and prayed in hopes He'd help again. That moment I spotted a thicket near the river so I went for it. It looked like a bears nest and so I was a little worried for the moment, but then saw a rusty wheel buried halfway down the ground. I took a quick few shots and rushed out, excited again about my help in taking pictures by the Almighty. (In my rush, a thorn stuck me through my flip flops, so I had to take a quick break and tend my wounds) I still had some time, so I rushed out to the river (with better shoes) to catch the shimmers on the water top. It just didn't do it any justice. I prayed again and looked down to find a beautiful autumn leaf that told of the changing season. And again and found a sprout peeking out of some rocks-apparently unaware of the summer's end. Pleased, I thanked God for His pictures He had given me, and asked for help in....asking for His help more often. And for matters of a bit higher importance. It blessed me to know, though, that He even cares about the little details in our life. And though often He might say "no" to the things we ask for, He has reasons. I pray that I'll remember to ask to be led by Him, instead of seeking granted specific requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment