Monday, September 27, 2010

Dressy Shirt


I got this dress at Goodwill a year ago or so for like 4 bucks or so. Actually it was soon after I found out I was pregnant with E that I got it, and since I could fit into it while being somewhat bigger, I thought I'd be able to pull it off once I was done nursing. Yes, well...I found it to be a bit short, so that part didn't work as well as I'd hoped. I tried to trade it in at Plato's a while back but they wouldn't take it.

So since I couldn't do anything with it except give it away, or keep it in my closet and dream about wearing it, I decided to listen to Bob the Builder and "Reduce! Re-use! Recycle!" So now it is a shirt. Take that Plato's!!

I'm very happy with how a few snips of the scissors turned out. Since I nearly curse every time I try to use my sewing machine, I will opt not to sew it. I'm happy with it how it is and if it starts unraveling, I left enough length to eventually hem it if I need to. For now, I'm happy that I get to keep and wear my dress! I mean shirt!

1 comment:

  1. Bring it over and I'll sew it up. It will only take a few minutes and you'll have it for your trip, and it will be safe in the washer. It's too cute to let it fall apart! I love you!

    ReplyDelete