Success.
The ottoman didn't take very long, maybe 20 minutes once I had everything together. I had just put E down for his nap, so I found the staple gun, the fabric, and sort of folded the fabric over the ottoman like a present and stapled away. The person who covered the ottoman before me I could tell did some extra work, fitting and sewing the fabric to fit, I didn't want to spend that time so I just folded it, stapled, and I am very happy with it. Next time, when the kids are all old and harmless, maybe I'll spend a bit more time to perfect it, but I am expecting messes, so I'm not going to spend so much time I get bummed when spills happen. Oh, and the fabric? $4!
************
Project Ottoman Matching Framed Mantle Craft
Fail.
Fail.
After the ottoman project, I went ahead and attempted what I've been creating in my head since I got the fabric. A matching framed craft to tie the ottoman into surrounding decor. It failed, and I spent twice as long on it as I should have, for what it was. I liked how the design turned out, but the contrasts were non-existent almost and that's what would have made it neat. Well ya win some, ya lose some.
Sorry about the sideways picture, I wanted to show it so you could see what it says, "greater". The whole thing reads "Grace greater than All our sin".
Guess this was just another reminder to me that I'm not going to be perfect here on Earth! Not in holiness nor craftiness! Just another thing to rest in His grace and press on with. :)
I love the ottoman project. What a darling fun fabric.
ReplyDelete