Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I call them "Hippie Clips"

 

My friend Sunny invited me over to make some fun hair clips with her yesterday and we had so much fun! She's making them to use as props for her photography biz and I've been wanting to make them just for fun! I'm sort of disappointed in myself though. I spent 3 hours or something like that over there yesterday working on them, she made 20 beautiful ones, and I made 3...then ruined the third today as I realized it had no hope, now it really has no hope. I like the 2 I made though. They're very shabby, but I like that. It's just ridiculous though that they took as long as they did. I call the one on the right "bunny meadow". Or "mouse meadow". Ok, it only looks like a bunny because I couldn't pull the entire paper flower I had previously attached off so I went with it. And I'm happy with it. But I'm also bummed. Anyway, I think when I get time I might draw out my ideas as I get them ahead of time instead of flying into them and then maybe I'll be happier, and be able to get more done. 

A side note, both flowers were sort of built ending up with a slant. After trying it on a precious head of hair, I realized it doesn't "face" the right way. You end up seeing more of the backside when inserted, unless you want it to sit upside down, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I made them whimfully, so I think next time I will experiment building it backwards so that it will face the opposite way. This probably makes no sense, but maybe next time I post about clips I'll be able to show it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment