Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday: Kids Food





My kids are picky eaters. At least my girl is, and so until she was around 1, I had trouble figuring out how I was going to get her to eat her veggies, etc. I'd spend time cooking it and she was rarely interested. Someone, I can't remember who, mentioned giving their kids frozen foods, and so one day when I was baking and C needed something fun to do, I gave her a mixing bowl with some frozen mixed veggies in it, and a whisk. A bit later I found her eating the veggies! I was amazed! It was possible to get her to eat her veggies without forcing? So now she has frozen blueberries, strawberries, peaches, peas, corn, mixed veggies, served to her frozen, and she usually eats a good amount of it. I found E likes them too, and I just chop up the big chunks for him to grab and eat on his own too. When E got a cold Monday, I was able to get to the store and load up on a bit healthier fresh produce. I decided to try freezing the new veggies and so far they have worked great! Chloe likes frozen "squash chips", as does E, and I chopped up and froze some sweet potatoes for E, and sliced some for making fried sweet potato chips(at least their getting the vitamins), and lots of strawberries and peaches for fast foods while the kids are getting well. Anyway. This works for me to get the vitamins into my kids. May not for everyone, but for my kids, its like popsicles! And doesn't hurt all this teething either!

No comments:

Post a Comment